Monday 5 August 2013

Trying to be positive

Despite our house sale falling through very last minute I'm trying really hard to not get too down about it. Yes it was our perfect house we'd found (and could afford!), and yes we both desperately wanted to be out of our current flat... but it simply wasn't to be. I saw a psychic earlier this year who told me that I would move house, but not this year... we wrote this off as wrong (at the time we were sold in a completed chain)... 2 failed chains later and with the prospect of having to unpack all the boxed belongings I think it is clear that he was right! Make of it as you will, but something, somewhere was making it clear we should be staying put for the time being!!

On that note (and trying NOT to be too jealous of other people I know who are moving) I've been trying to think of things to raise my spirits, and things to make me enjoy my house and life again.

I'm set to do some house improvements... when I say I'm set to do them... I mean, I have planned for other people to do them while I sit back and see things get nicer! We have plans to move the living room around, redecorate the hall and stairs and generally make things a bit fresher. This I hope will make me happy to be her for another 9-12 months (hopefully no more than that!) Oh and finish off the garden a bit more, actually buy and lay the stepping stones we talked about last summer!

I'm also trying to be better with my treatments and exercise etc. I've managed 3 weeks of swimming now. My aim on that front is to increase the number of a)total lengths swam, or b) improve the number I can do before needing a break. Although this week I didn't improve on the total number of the previous week, I felt like I managed the 6 lengths easier and didn't end up with a splitting headache at the end! Bonus! Although 6 lengths might not sound too impressive to some, remember that I am on oxygen 24/7 and my lungs are only working at about 25% of the 'normal' set of lungs so for me, I'm pleased with 6, and am eager to get back in the pool again. I'm also hoping to actually make it into the gym this week too to work on some of the resistance program my trainer gave me a couple of weeks ago. I figure, doing swimming for cardio, and gym for resistance/toning is a good all rounder to try to prevent any further lung depreciation.

I'm back on my Tobi inhaler month, which makes things easier as it means I only have to do an inhaler twice a day, with 1 nebuliser in the afternoon, as opposed to 3 antibiotic nebs plus an additional afternoon neb (my Azli months) I'm far more compliant with the Tobi, but it also makes being compliant with the other afternoon neb so much easier.... I also feel better on the Tobi months so feel I can achieve so much more with my day, that positive mind set helps me get through some of the stuff I put off when on Azli- (I'm so much more tired and therefore grumpy!)

I'm busy researching holidays too... Having my Dad enquire about how holidays would be possible now I'm on o2 all the time got me thinking, and coincidentally I got a booklet through from my o2 supplier that same week giving advice about travelling on o2. I've found an option that makes foreign travel much more do-able... just need to work out the costs of it all... but am happy knowing that another Disney holiday is not out of the question now! Woop... although not for this year :(

I'm off to peruse the holiday brochures and figure out the finances to see where we can actually get to so we can have a proper chillax!

Oh and I got my I Live I give t-shirt last week, so here's a pic of me sporting it to show that I support organ donation.


No comments:

Post a Comment