Thursday 29 August 2013

Burying my head in the sand

Well I have a date for my 3 day tx assessment through... they did offer me one for just a couple of weeks time which I turned down (too soon + Glen's birthday) so it's now the tail end of September. I'm kind of sticking my head in the sand for the time being though... in a way pretending that nothing different is going on, so I don't have to think about what it means. If I do start thinking about it all, I get upset and scared!

Before then though, I have my flight test to see if the Docs will give me the OK to go abroad anytime soon, that's next week, and god help everyone I come into contact with if it doesn't go well.... I NEED a holiday after all the crap that this year has thrown at me! also, if I do go onto the tx list after this assessment, I can't just up sticks and go on holiday in case I miss my call... potentially I could never have a foreign holiday again, if I don't get my call before it's too late. (Nice and doom & gloom aye?!)

I am also going and having a short trip to stay with family in Cornwall. I haven't been down there for about 10 years, so really looking forward to that, will be nice to have a few days away, but would have preferred it if Glen could have got the time off to come down with me as he's never been... we might have a sudden increase in UK breaks once I'm listed so I'm sure I'll get him down there sometime soon!

Hopefully I have a few things planned over the next few weeks to keep my mind occupied (also just bought some craft books with the intentions of making deccies for Christmas etc) so that I don't think and get too down about the spiral my health has taken downwards :( Ho hum.... dinner time!

Random arty shot I took of a staircase in Glasgow- my brother and his girlfriend are at the top... thought it was good symbolism of my spiraling health!!

No comments:

Post a Comment