Tuesday 22 July 2014

Quick update

I haven't finished my busy few months posts as yet.. still got what everything has been working up towards- my wedding and honeymoon...

However just a few quick updates:

My health is still going well- some of my medications have been stopped or doses lowered following on from a clear biopsy (FINALLY happened mid June!) the bronch still showed a bit of stubborn infection, but not enough to prevent the biopsy actually happening. From that, the doctors are happy to start reducing things down to hopefully get to a less disturbing level of doses and number of tablets... as a CFer, the number of tablets didn't bother me, it's more the side effects of some of them!

So for now I've had 2 of the 3 nebs stopped, 2 tablets stopped completely and another couple reduced doses. Hopefully having tolerated (and not seen any drop in lung function) this reduction, with a bit of luck at least one other tablet will get stopped next clinic, and maybe even have my steroid dropped a bit more (fingers crossed because then my button can come out... and maybe even be allowed to start swimming again!)

I've been busy around the house building furniture and trying to get the decorating done as best I can... but keep being thwarted by damaged items of furniture turning up, or colours not being right for paint... throw in the mix stupidly hot weather and storms... and a woosy dog who likes to get in the way (or hide in the cupboard!) and it's been a bit difficult to get things done. Hopefully this weekend (weather dependent) the shed roof should get fixed so that won't leak any more and then we can get rid of the nasty furry mould that's appearing in the far corner. Also it would be nice to get the downstairs toilet fixed so we can actually use it, and the bridging units in the bedroom on the wall so we can finally get some clothes into cupboards! I do enjoy making flat pack furniture... but more so when I can actually complete things all in one go so they're done!

I am also writing to say that I have decided to sign up to do a 30km 'Fright Hike' to raise money for Papworth CF Unit, and a local animal charity (haven't decided which just yet!) I'm trying to get a little team together so that I have company and support... but I will also be starting to come round looking for sponsorship so fingers crossed enough of you lovely people will want to encourage me to get round the 30km through a haunted forest in November (in the dark!) Once I have signed up and got a sponsor page set up I will be posting the link so anyone (and everyone) can donate online!!

My activity log is under review atm... just trying to make it a bit easier on the eye... and hopefully be better to follow... although I'm not sure whether to put the newer stuff first or last....? It has had a change of layout... I wanted it as a proper table, but I can't seem to get that working, so it's in a table format, just has no lines!

Anyhoo speaking of activity... I'm off to do my last Ball Blast class- the leisure centre have decided to stop running it despite it ALWAYS being fully booked... :( Let's hope swimming becomes do-able for me from next clinic or I'm likely to have to cancel my membership as won't be getting my money's worth... and as I haven't been at work for almost 6 months (and the DWP have stopped my DLA) money is a tad tight and can't be frittered away :(

No comments:

Post a Comment