Thursday 19 September 2013

Research time!

So it's a horrid rainy day in Colchester and as the dog is curled up in her bed not moving, neither am I!! If it wasn't for the community nurse coming to change my button, then I probably wouldn't be out of bed either!!

Anyhoo, I've been doing a bit of research with regards to organising a charity event... combined with Glen's mum say she wanted to organise a live band evening I think we could be on to something to raise a nice amount for Papworth & the CF Trust. I'm not going to give too much away as we're still very much in the beginning phases of planning... mostly talking about what would be good to do etc, but I've started my main focus on the physical side of it being a triathlon.

My first thought earlier this summer was for me to do a basic sponsored swim... but as I've found I can do little more than 4 lengths a day without getting horrid headaches I've had to rethink a little. So the plan is to do a 'sprint distance' triathlon. This includes a swim, run/walk and cycle. I'm not sure if the swimming part I'll be able to do, but hope to improve my stamina to get those length totals up... I will also be doing the walking and cycling part in the gym so I don't have to physically carry my o2 the whole time (or battle the elements whilst doing it!) Glen however is planning to do the whole lot properly... well, the swimming would still be in our local pool, but then cycling from ours to his mums, (a couple of miles more than the sprint distance) and then running probably around Colchester.

I found out the distances needed to be completed and then figured out how many lengths in our pool it would be. Also been looking into the online charity sites to help collect funds to send directly. Took a little bit of searching to find one where I can have multiple charities from one event but I found it... All we need to do is decide on a date and then I can set up the page!

I suppose the next job is to get Glens bike sorted so he can start his training!! Oh and he apparently needs proper running shoes for it too! I guess it's shopping time!!


No comments:

Post a Comment